Videos are known as some of the most engaging media formats. If you have an e-commerce business, chances are high that creating videos to promote your products will show many positive results.
The development of the video-making and streaming industry has been very dynamic in the last decade. Your e-commerce business can also benefit from these achievements, resulting in higher customer engagement and enriched marketing strategy. Even if you work in B2B, videos can still have a positive impact ‒ in this article, we will talk about the difference video content creates both for B2B and B2C e-commerce businesses.
How can your e-commerce business benefit from videos
There are many types of videos you can create for your business. The most popular among users are video guides and social media videos, but there are even more different categories that work efficiently for business promotion.
For example, videos on product pages allow your customers to evaluate your solution more thoroughly and see more of its benefits. Videos essentially work better than pictures in terms of highlighting features and giving the customers a more real feeling of the product or features. There’s even more to that: product videos have potentially higher chances to build trust from your audience.
Video guides, on the other hand, can further improve the experience customers have with your product. By uploading video guides and explainer videos, you can engage the audience and show them a new feature, how to use them and give them tips. Even if the person watching the video didn’t know about your solution previously, that kind of content can motivate them to give it a try.
Some statistics that might be interesting for you to learn:
- for 93% of marketers, video content helped to achieve a better brand awareness;
- 96% of users who watched through video guides stated that this is how they got to learn more about a new feature or tool;
- 88% of respondents among customers claimed that video content was motivating enough for them to buy a product.
Basically, videos can work towards three main business goals: building brand awareness, community strengthening and improving sales. By supplying your products with a smart advertising campaign that includes videos catered to your customers’ interests, and helping them understand your product better, you can achieve all three of these.
For example, unboxing or reviewing videos can help you further build credibility for your brand and motivate people to try it out. For B2B, video presentations are a great way to attract new partners and show them in an engaging way how your business stands out from the crowd.
Videos also help strengthen communities interested in a specific field. When someone trusts your brand and products, they become a member of your community as well. By supplying your customers with the best customer experience through explainer videos, you build a stronger community, loyal followers and maybe even a brand advocate. The trust you create through videos is important, so you should take time to consider the types of videos you create for your audience.
Top 7 tips for successful e-commerce videos
The most efficient videos can be filmed even on your smartphone camera. What matters most is the way you film it, the quality and where you upload it.
The first tip to creating a successful video for e-commerce is to ensure good video quality.
1. First of all, as we discussed recently, make sure you’re filming in high quality - UltraHD or better, in 4K. Better resolution results in a better first impression. What matters as well is the quality of the light ‒ make sure your lightboxes are positioned in the right way while filming in the studio. Or, if you film outside, make sure you have enough daylight for that.
Just a reminder - Kinescope recently launched 4K quality upon request. Send us a message in the chat if you want to test it out. 🔓
2. Sounds matter! Use a separate micro for audio recording. Your best choice is a microphone with an active noise cancellation option ‒ this way, the audio track will be easier to process during the editing stage.
3. Keep it short and dynamic. Make sure the viewer won’t get bored ‒ if during the editing you feel like a certain frame goes on for too long, don’t hesitate to cut it shorter. Most viewed videos hit the sweet spot of 1-2 minutes of length and capture viewers' attention from the first frame to the last.
4. Focus on your customer. To bring your business closer to customers, talk more from their point of view instead of business POV. Making relatable videos is the key to earning customers’ trust ‒ choose topics relevant to them instead of focusing on the product alone. Make sure the video caters to customers’ needs!
5. If you create a product video, close-ups are your best frame choices. Include these frames to highlight more details of the product and make your video more dynamic.
6. Create slice-of-life videos. When communicating with any audience, it’s important to earn their attention in a genuine way. If you create a FAQ video, unboxing, or a review, involve some of your colleagues in the video to make your content more personal and authentic. Your team members (and you too) can answer the most popular questions about your solution, highlight their favorite features and even get some insights ‒ videos including these elements can help you build a genuine and long-lasting relationship with your customers built on trust. Also, it’s a good way to bring the whole team together and improvise!
7. Consider the platform where you upload your videos - it should be somewhere able to host a lot of video traffic with powerful tools to support your filming efforts. Furthermore, it should provide you with the opportunity to experiment with the player, tailor it to your brand voice, and direct the traffic directly to your website.
For example, YouTube is a good place to host videos, however only part of the traffic goes to your channel (and even less to your website). You can consider a special video hosting platform tailored to the needs of e-commerce video creators. You guessed it - Kinescope offers all of these tools, you can include CTA redirecting to your website inside the video, add chapter, subtitles, track analytics or customize the player!
Video marketing is a powerful box of tools that can help you reach new heights for your e-commerce business. With the right approach, you can effectively share informational content about your product through videos, increase brand awareness, and continue to build community based on integrity and transparency. And if you want to try a platform, tailored to the needs of e-commerce creators, you can try Kinescope today and create a fully functional free account. Aside from video privacy protection, we offer live streaming, your own interactive player customized to your unique brand personality, and, of course, a set of analytics tools to help you get a better insight into the video marketing campaign.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.